Wednesday, January 2, 2013

January 2, 2013

Today we ventured out into the crazy retail world of Target. (Life is rough if you run out of milk storage bags.) It was in the infant aisle where Jayda started getting fussy and making some noise. (By noise I mean straight out banshee scream that made people stop and look to see what in the world could scream at such a high octave.) I tried the pacifier, that helped for only 3 seconds and the wailing continued. I thought I was going to have to take her out of the car seat (not too enthusiastic about that) when suddenly she turned a lovely shade of red and let one rip and then passed right out. The pregnant lady and her significant other who were in the same aisle as me registering for their baby started laughing. I had to admit that I was laughing as well. This started a lovely conversation with perfect strangers about infant gas, diapers, bottles, pumps, nursing and many other things. 

It's amazing to me how a little infant (with some serious gas issues) can spark such a wonderful conversation with perfect strangers. Happy to say we survived the gas explosion, met some wonderful new parents to be, got a good supply of bags (should last me a month) and changed a nasty diaper. Mission accomplished.


All clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment