Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January 1, 2013

So far 2013 has been an interesting year. Last night was the first night I gave my little bundle over to someone else and went out with my husband and some great friends. Just thinking that my tiny six week old was with her Mimi made me feel better. It was interesting to not have her in the same building as me. That was the longest time we had been separated it felt both good and horribly wrong. I look back and laugh at it now but at the time it was so surprising how attach I have become to this little being that God has blessed me with. Becoming a mother has truly taken the selfish aspect out of my life. I think about her constantly and can't fathom what life would be like without her.

As I look into my living room and still see all our Christmas decorations (hey, I'm a new mom to a six week old baby, sleep takes precedent over removing the needle shedding Christmas tree) I think back on all that happened over the holiday season. So much time with family and friends. We made it to all the family get togethers (yes, I am patting myself on the back) and got to enjoy some great times with friends as well. Jayda was passed around, awed over and cooed at so much. (How could you not coo and cuddle with this little chubby cheek angel?) She graciously accepted all the attention and love with that blank new born look on her face and just concentrated on filling her stomach and diaper.

She is just beginning to smile and coo back at me now. Daddy has yet to be graced with a smile, much to his dismay, but he keeps trying. I have a feeling as soon as she intentionally smiles at him he'll truly be sunk. But who am I to talk? I'm already head over heels in love.

I received a wonderful calendar from my Mom for Christmas about being a parent and today's note really made me stop and think. The first sentence says, "Our children's lives don't ever have to be left to chance." How interesting is that? It was not just chance that God blessed me with the family I have. It was not just chance that God blessed me with my wonderful husband. It was not just chance that God blessed me with my wonderful daughter. Nothing in my life is up to chance and it is so true for my child. There is plan and purpose for everything. I wanted to start writing this blog for two reasons.

Reason one: to talk about my daughter. What person wouldn't want to talk about their child's milestones, especially one so stinking cute? (ok.. ok... just a little biased here)

Reason two: To focus on what God is doing in my life and his purpose in my life.

I have a feeling my life is going to be getting busier and busier and this is a good way to take a moment and focus on what is truly important. I hope as you read my posts it helps you to take a moment and focus on what is important in your life and gives you a chance to smile and laugh.


                                                                      Tub Time


Puppy Love

No comments:

Post a Comment