Wednesday, March 20, 2013

March 20, 2013 First Day of Spring

Well, today is the first day of spring (at least that's what the news is telling me, all I see outside is snow). Upon seeing the date it made me realize that it was around this time I found out I was pregnant. This time a year ago I had a tiny little person inside of me and was already so crazy in love. This time a year ago I was up in Big Rapids walking through the woods trying to keep this huge secret on a beautiful sunny day. Now a year later it's snowing and my little chubbers is sleeping in her crib. It's truly astounding what her little body went through in just a year of being conceived. Mothers always talk about their baby's achievements after they are born but it's truly amazing to think of what had to happen before they were born. This time a year ago my child was so tiny and completely helpless that we felt the need to wait to make sure the pregnancy would continue before we told anyone the good news. This time a year ago I was wearing my normal clothes and attempting to wrap my head around the fact that there was something living inside of me. That there was a tiny heart beating and that my world was going to change forever. Wow, only a year ago.

Jayda went to her four months doctor appointment and he says everything is going great. She's in the 57% for weight and 93% for height. I had a feeling with the genetics she received from her father and I that she's going to be on the tall side, but that's just a guess. She can now touch her toes and does so on any occasion. We have found that she likes being naked. She has actually giggled while I'm taking her clothes off and will just sit there content as all can be with her little naked self. She still hates tummy time with a passion and has found it a good incentive to roll over. We have found her multiple times facing a different way in her crib then way we put her in it. She will spin on her play mat so that her feet will be sticking out and she can feel the carpet. Her vocal abilities are growing by leaps and bounds. She can blow raspberries and squeal so high pitched it will make other babies cry and the dog will leave the room. It's astounding to think what the next four months will bring!



Love my chubbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment